Winter savory is also know as Mountain Savory. This is a perennial evergreen herb which has a stronger flavour than the summer savory and should be used more sparingly.
It has the great advantage of being available until early winter and has a strong peppery taste.
- Red wine jus with winter savoury used to perfume the flavour before removing the herb.
- Beans with garlic and savory.
- Savory oil and vinegar.
- Stuffed peppers with herb rice and savory.
- Chicken with herbs and savory.
- Chicken broth with beans, garlic and savory.
- Savory squash and red pepper medley.
- Savory, rosemary and black pepper butter with grilled sirloin steak.
beans, beef, butter, chicken, egg, peppers, pulses, red peppers,rosemary, squash